Seguros y pensiones para todos

Home > Glossary > Dual-collateral mortgage

Dual-collateral mortgage

This type of mortgage allows you to finance 100% of the purchase of your home and buy a home with practically no money saved.

As its name suggests, a dual-collateral mortgage is a mortgage that uses two elements to secure the loan. Thus, the house you want to buy acts as the first collateral and covers 80% of the loan, like with most mortgages. The remaining 20% is secured by a second home free of encumbrances, hence the term.