The purpose of Agricultural Insurance is to cover the risks that may affect agricultural, livestock or forestry holdings
. The following are examples of this type of insurance:
- Combined agricultural insurance: this insurance covers agricultural and livestock farms against climatological risks, such as frost, hail, cold snaps, and other natural risks, for example, damage caused by wildlife.
The main groups of combined agricultural insurance are:
- Insurance for agricultural production
- Livestock insurance
- Insurance for forestry plantations
- Aquaculture insurance
- Machinery insurance: covers exclusively farm machinery.
- Multi-risk agricultural and livestock insurance: this is insurance that covers different assets related to farming, such as facilities, machinery or livestock; and even civil liability derived from the professional activity.