Pet insurance is insurance designed to cover any harm that your animal may suffer, or which it may cause to third parties. It is normally contracted for dogs and cats but, increasingly, the insurance sector offers coverage for other types of pets.
The main guarantees offered by this type of insurance are:
- Veterinary care for injuries suffered by the animal.
- Compensation for accidental death or theft of the animal.
- Help for locating a lost animal.
- Civil liability for damages to third parties caused by the animal.
- Legal defense in case of complaints or lawsuits in which the insured is involved as owner of the animal.
- Stay in a kennel due to hospitalization of the owner.